The aim of Influence Ecology Discussions is education. As such, we ask that you treat the discussion as an opportunity to study, learn, and practice. If you offer theory, please provide an example of how you have applied or seen this in action in your own experience.
Discussion Rules and Guidelines
- Only one account per person (profile) is permitted.
- For all profiles, a valid email address has to be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- Keep all posts on-topic.
- All posts must be in English unless posted in a specific international forum.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in the USA and so is subject to US law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Check that any discussion question has not been answered anywhere else. Use the search feature.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question in multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is not allowed.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise the discussion briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g., Read this, or you’ll be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be “I NEED HELP.” A good subject might be, “What are value characteristics?” Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help. .
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, but it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and to consider donating to the project.
- Do not link to any site that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted, and the poster will receive a warning or be removed.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere in our discussion.
- No tracking links, like campaigns, are allowed on the discussion.
At all times:
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism/skepticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
- No commercial advertising is permitted.
- When making any assertion or recommendation, please offer a citation or link to the study topic, book, or materials which substantiate your claims.
- Any posts deemed to be self-promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed. NO SPAM – NO ADVERTISING, eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self-promotion.
- This is not the place to settle a commercial disagreement or to be a ‘wall of shame.’ Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed. Settle your disputes in private, please.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close/split), please use the ‘report this post’ link to notify the moderators.
- These forums are centered on the understanding, application, and practice of the Influence Ecology content, principles, and concepts. They are not a place to promote ideological, religious, or political matters. All such discussions will be deleted/closed.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post. We reserve the right to ban abusers from the site. We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.
[vc_btn title=”Return to Discussions” color=”warning” size=”sm” align=”center” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.influenceecology.com%2Fdiscussions%2Fdiscussion%2Fdiscussions%2F|||”]