Covid-19 Safety and Code of Conduct
(updated 6 Feb 2023)
Influential U is dedicated to providing a safe event environment for all participants including attendees, sponsors, vendors, staff, exhibitors, and anyone else that will be present at the event. While Influential U will not require safety measures beyond those required by local health officials, we will fully abide by local health requirements—and the requirements of the venue.
We are hosting live events in multiple countries, each of which has different protocols and sometimes changing states of alert. Given that the responsibility of a safe in-person event is equally shared among event organizers, event vendors, event sponsors, and event attendees, Influential U has developed the following code of conduct by which all participants need to abide. This document outlines a collection of recommendations that should serve as a reminder that if we all collectively respect the significance of this contribution, we are advocating for the well-being of our fellow global citizens.
If your questions are not answered here, please use the LiveChat featured in the lower right-hand corner of our website.
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
- Abide by the rules of the local health authority and the venue. This will differ by locality.
- Assume all risks of attending an in-person event, including the potential risk of becoming infected with COVID-19
- Follow guidance from the local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- It is recommended that you wear a mask or facial covering in enclosed spaces with a large number of people.
- Adhere to social distance protocols and respect others’ personal space.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact Liz Smiley immediately to advise them.